Presently two main activities done under this project are as follows-
1.EDUCATION FOR LIFE
The purpose is to support the needy child round the year with books, exercise copies and other educational accessories.
1. We provided 100 students of class IX and X with study books, notebooks and pens at Adarsha Vidya Bhawan, Bhawanipur, Kolkata on 22 February, 2014.
2. We provided notebooks and pens to the students of class I-IV (28 students) at Malekan Ghumti Madhyapara Junior High School, Hingalganj, 24 Paraganas (N). Students of this school belong to financially weakfamilies; most of them are from the below poverty line (BPL) of the Indian standard. Their families were badly affected by the severe cyclonic storm of 2009, Aila. Due to financial reason there is very high drop-out rate.
Agamani provides round the year educational supports to the all students of six schools of remote Hingalganj, Basirhat subdivision, North 24 paraganas, West Bengal, India.
i) Malekan Ghumti Madhyapara Junior High School
ii) Malekan Ghumti Madhyapara F.P. School
iii) Jogeshganj Adarsha Junior High School
iv) Jogeshganj Adarsha Junior High School (Primary Section)
v) Sridhar Khati Paschim Para High School
vi) Sridhar Khati Paschim Para Junior High School
This year also we provided educational accessories to the above mentioned schools on. Total 119 students got educational support in this year 11 and 12 March.
Educational Accessories provided-
1. Khata/ Note Book
9. Pencil Bag
10. Water Bottle
11. Chatra Bandhu/ Student's Friend Book
2.FUN DAY cum DRAWING COMPETITION
A breather out of the hectic routine, a joyful day with lots of love, care and gifts. Simultaneously, we organize a drawing competition among the students of a primary school to enhance their passion for extracurricular activity as well as creativity.
1. 25th January, 2014: A colourful “FUN DAY cum DRAWING COMPETITION”, organized by AGAMANI, was gleefully celebrated by the children at Banitirtha School, Behala, Kolkata on 25th January, 2014. 57 little boys and girls are participated and made the programme successful.
2. 2 August, 2014: Agamani successfully celebrated its 2nd “FUN DAY cum DRAWING COMPETITION” at Mamudpur Primary School, Mogra, Hooghly (West Bengal, India) on 2 August, 2014.The motive of the programme was to motivate them in extracurricular activity along with providing the students an enjoyable day with lots of fun.Total 132 students were divided into 3 groups; Nursery, Class I-II and Class III-IV. For the entire day they painted, they laughed and above all they enjoyed. We distributed cakes and chocolates among the students to add their enjoyment.
3. Agamani successfully celebrated its 3rd FunDay Cum DrawingCompetition at Adarsha Prathamik Vidyalaya, Ghola, Sodepur, West Bengal, India on 21 February, 2015. Total 106 students of Class Shishu Shreni to Class IV were participated in the drawing competition by divided into 3 groups, i.e, Junior, Intermediate and Senior.
4. Agamani successfully celebrated its 4th FunDay Cum Drawing Competition at Sri Ramkrishna Shishu Tirtha Primary School, Dankuni, Hooghly, West Bengal, India on 04 July 2015. Total 126 students of Class Shishu Shreni to Class V were participated in the drawing competition by divided into 3 groups, i.e., Junior, Intermediate and Senior.